Quote:

"Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted" -- Author Unknown

Friday, December 10, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I have always said "Merry Christmas".  I do not remember anyone being offended when I said it, but now adays it seems that many do get offended, and that saddens and angers me. 

During this time of year many holidays are celebrated and one of them, for those of us who are Christians, is the birth of Christ, our Saviour.  If you are of the Christian faith, you should not be ashamed or fearful of saying this very simple greeting - Merry Christmas. 

I do not know when it started - when did so many people decide to become offended by this greeting?   I think we need to stop it, and just accept the greeting as just another holiday greeting and not take it as a personal affront when we hear it. 

I am not Irish, yet people tell me "Happy St. Patty's Day" every year in March - I do not get offended - neither should you.  We respect other people's right to celebrate their faihthful holiday - let us respect Christians too.

Merry Christmas!  God's sweetest blessings are waiting for us - let us show goodwill towards all and claim them.

No comments:

Post a Comment