Quote:

"Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted" -- Author Unknown

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Ruby, by Laura Mirabal

It was midnight before I fell asleep
I thought sweet, sweet sleep would never come
I have so much on my mind because of you
I don't know what to do to keep from hurting you
You think it is indecision on my part that keeps me here
But it's my not wanting to hurt you that makes me pause
I've told you how I feel, the decision I made, and what I want to do
But telling you and doing it are two different things.
I want to be strong about leaving you and getting on with my life
I hope you can get on with yours
You are and will always be my best friend, whether I stay or go
If I stay I'll be miserable and you'll be glad, but not for long
If I stay you'll have me in body only, because my heart and mind won't be there with you
It's better to be true to myself than to continue living this lie
Your love for me has been like a precious gem, a ruby, that is priceless and rare
The way you have always loved me is rare and I hope to find a love like yours again
But for now forgive me and take comfort in knowing that I will always treasure the love you gave me
Like a precious gem, a ruby, that is rare and hard to find

No comments:

Post a Comment