Quote:

"Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted" -- Author Unknown

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mind, Body & Soul, By: Laura Mirabal

You and I may have the same philosophy, I stay away from people who might irritate me or bring me down psychologically and emotionally.  I am a very happy person, enthusiastic and friendly, and I tend to gravitate towards people who have the same traits; by doing so, I feel much healthier - emotionally, which in turn boosts my energy level.  Wellness is not just about the physical body, I must also include my emotional "body" too.

I believe that the way I "choose" to react to various situations also plays a huge role in my mental wellness.  I am a huge fan of using self-help and motivational tools and resources available to me.  Through the years I learned that I decide how much power someone or something will have over me.  No one can make me feel anything, I either allow something or someone to upset me or I decide not to allow something or someone to upset me - I am in control - not outside forces. 

I want to add that a happy person gains the most knowledge - and the more knowledge we gain makes us happier and it makes us feel more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment