Quote:

"Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted" -- Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PARTAKING, O SWEET AGONY
By:  Laura Mirabal
Oh my Jesus, every time I am at Mass, and see the priest lift the host and the wine, my heart just aches inside
I want to be able to take communion, but I can’t, so I sit silently crying; my heart aching.
Envying those who are able to take you sacramentally and I think how lucky they all are.
They can come to the altar and partake of your body and blood, oh Lord, my heart cries out to you
But soon, long after the last parishioner has sat down in the pew, the ache goes away. 
 I pray for comfort from not being able to partake, and patience to wait for the right time – God’s time is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment